Since its inception in 1985, the New york Metro District has endeavored to catalyze revival among a rapidly growing and fast paced society. The City of New York is saturated with cultures from everywhere in the world. The mission is clear: to IMPACT this metropolitan area with apostolic doctrine resulting in a global revival.
NY METRO DISTRICT, UPCI – A BRIEF HISTORY
Starting in 1985 with 13 churches and 15 ministers to present 32 churches, 9 preaching points and 135 Ministers and Pastors. Being the first “Home Missions District” NY Metro became a recognized District of the UPCI within a state district. (Usual status was one district per state). NY Metro began the first official Spanish Speaking outreach ministry for the UPCI within the USA Incorporating Spanish / English functions and participation in district.
- 12/1985 – 5/1990 -Rev. Jack E. Yonts, General Director of Home Missions UPCI Superintendent and held his General Office in Hazelwood, MO.
- 5/1990 – 5/2001 – Rev. Scotty F. Teets
- 5/2001 – 5/2003 – Rev. Robert S. Carter
- 5/2003 – 5/2011 – Rev. Arthur Thomas
- 5/2011 – 5/2019 – Rev. Devon Dawson
- 5/2019 – Present – Rev. Michael Mitchell – District Superintendent
- (718) 291-1051
155 - 15 90th Avenue
Jamaica, NY 11432